These days there is a high focus on cloud technologies and hosted services. I came across this article and steaming session that discusses how MSIT Operations deployed and manage the Microsoft.com infrastructure. When you consider the following statistics there are lessons to be learned here:
- The site generates more than 1.2 billion hits per day
- 57 million unique Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- 200 million daily page views
- averages 30,000 Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests per second
- average of 750,000 concurrent client connections
- To add this this impressive feat Microsoft.com’s Keynote rating have been impeccable, achieving over 99.8 for the last 5 consecutive years and 99.9 for the last two.
- Check out this Microsoft IT Showcase at: Download details Maintaining High Availability for Microsoft.com